CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Soccer Season

I know, I know! I have not updated my blog in months! That tells you how busy the end of the school year is! But now our family is loving our summer break and I can hopefully catch up on my blog! Clayton played his second season in U10 this Fall. He loves soccer and has really learned a lot about the game! He mostly plays forward, but this season his coach also played him at fullback and keeper (goalie). He did such a good job! Clayton was so excited that the Lady Vols Soccer Team held one of the practices for U10 this season. Here he is learning some new things.
Last week we had our end of the season soccer party at the Knoxville Botanical Gardens. Clayton's assistant coach is the director there and was excited that we could come and enjoy the gardens! Clayton's coach has a U8 and a U10 team so we combined the two teams for the party. We had a cookout and the kids enjoyed playing outside and going on a discovery walk. Sarah August made our cake. It was YUMMY!

Clayton has played for the same coach, Coach Laura, for 4 seasons and he absolutely loves her. She has really taught him everything he knows about the game! Each year our team gives her a gift card and a special gift from the kids. This year one of the moms made a special scrapbook for her. Here is Terry presenting it to her and letting her know how much we appreciate her dedication.
The kids were presented with trophies for their hard work this season. Here is Clayton with his trophy. We are so proud of you Clayton and give God the glory for blessing you with talent on the soccer field!
" I am the holy Lord God... For your own good, I teach you, and I lead you along the right path." Isaiah 48:17

No comments: